13 January 2009

something I wrote to Abby this morning:

I'm ridiculously happy I am done with my essays. So now I'm just waiting for my other luggage bag; only received one yesterday...It is in the upper forties here, which is nice. Had lunch at Pret a Manger yesterday, like au bon pain. Had a fancy (i.e. expensive) meatball sandwich, which was called something fancy but which was, essentially, a meatball sandwich. Even paid to eat it in the place, as you have to pay extra to eat inside. Looked at the people mucking about the streets. Looked at the Lyceum Theatre across the street where The Lion King plays. London feels different to me this time. I feel different this time. Better. Let's hope it keeps up.

Had my first class in Eighteenth Century women writers (letters, memoirs). The instructor, a woman, an older woman with grey hair that looks very fancy when she puts her glasses on the top of her head, which she frequently does; it doesn't even seem like she needs the glasses. Very soft spoken, very elegant speech. Just as you would expect.

----------

And -- 22 year old women's studies student auctions off virginity

1 comment:

HelenW said...

I'm leaving a comment on this post b/c I don't want to create a new one just to remark (for any of you who are terribly interested) I have just realized that, although I am a Lit student supposedly marked in the 1850 - present day literature, I have been signed up for an eighteenth century literature class this semester. Hmmm.