02 February 2009

Here comes the snow da, da, da-da

If you haven't heard, Britain got a lot of snow last night. It started about 5:00 and hasn't stopped since. There is no bus service in London, and most of the tube is non-operational. This was the sign on every door in my residence:



So what did I do? Well, took a walk around London of course!

Here's some things. Not much commentary. Want to get these pictures up so I can read on my window while it's snowing out. (No class for me today. Cancelled. Yeah!!!! Snow day. I did get that flutter in my stomach that I used to get as a kid when school was called off).

Okay. So this -- is awesome! It is a big crude, I suppose, but to me, very very funny.


It's a penis snowman! I watched some of my male residence mates put it together while making breakfast this morning.

On the South Bank. Big Ben in the background.

Nelson's column and the National Gallery

National Gallery

South Bank from Waterloo Bridge

Little figures near Westminster Bridge



Mini Parliament

Real Parliament

Known for their artistic excellence, The National Theatre was not going to loose out on this opportunity.

Olivier seems to be enjoying the snow.



Parliament from Westminster Bridge



From Waterloo Bridge

4 comments:

emmsifoppicus said...

Wow - they are some impressive sights!

molski said...

this is all amazing. this is london i have not experienced and have always wanted to

Anonymous said...

I especially like the penis snowman : ) Only frats would make something like that!
-Mrs.Dexter

Anonymous said...

Wow. These are excellent photos.

Some are even better than the Fucksy the Snowcock.

(Sorry for being crass...) ;)