03 April 2009

A Friday in London

Lovely sunny day in London today.

I took a video along the South Bank that I will post here once it is uploaded on youtube. Probably tomorrow.

In the mean time, here are some photos I took.

Went to the V&A today to check out their new theatre exhibit. Saw Olivier's costume he wore for Oedipus Rex and Richard Burton's for Henry V, among many other original items of a "wow" factor for a theatre nut like me.

Walked home all the way from there. Probably took me 2 hours. I don't carry a watch.

Happened across a St. Paul's Cafe on my way near Harrods and got a small hot chocolate. Although sunny, the air was still a little chilled.

Past Harrods, I walked through Hyde Park. I will go back tomorrow and take photos. The cup of hot chocolate was a bit of a hindrance.

Was done with it by the time I got to Buckingham Palace.

Flags up for the G20 that took place on Thursday. This is the road that leads to the Palace.

Palace from a bit of Spring greenery. Can you see the couple under the tree? Thought it a bit cutesy, chillin' out under a tree near Buckingham Palace on a lazy, warm, sunny Friday afternoon. How cool is that?

Two flags and, if you can see through the haze, the Eye in between in the distance

Off through St. James Park I went toward the Strand and Waterloo Bridge.


My beloved National Theatre from Waterloo Bridge -- what a weirdly constructed building, yeah?

My daily view

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I'm glad you're a patron of the performing arts. Have you ever been to a circus?

HelenW said...

haha. I actually have. The Barnum and Baley (sp) circus in the States. I was very little. I rode on an elephant. :)