03 September 2009

lethargy



I've been lethargic these last three days. Stopped drinking diet pepsi. Maybe it is the lack of caffeine. And my rampant allergies.

One of my former professors came into the library today, and I spoke to her briefly. She told me I should go to the various universities around here to look for a job. Look on one of the colleges Web sites, and in order to you have to create an account and post your resume and blah blah.

I'm so fucked. And not in the good way. Can't someone find a job for me?

What happened to me? I used to be so gun-hoe (how do you spell that?). I'm so weary of this world. And the people in it. There is no magic, just bleak reality. No one wants bleak reality, admit it.

I've been watching sci fi shit -- Buffy and True Blood. Always some heroine character who gets herself into trouble. Trouble that we could never get into in real life. And it is always fantastic and thrilling. Reason why we love such shows and literature is because it gives us what we crave but do not have in our real life. Adventure. Not much adventure in a 9-5 job, coming home to the husband and a smelly kid. Not much adventure in taking the same bus route every day; not getting enough sleep, having to get up at 7:00 in the morning for work. Who wants that?

I need to find something good. But where is it?

---
Jack Vettriano
le

No comments: