01 November 2009

my parents

note left my father in his chicken scratch that very much resembles my own,

Helen - Get the cats Kibbles -- and we need Bread -- See you all after 5 -- DADO

Some time after my mother writes below, in blue ink,

Do Not get this stuff -- Mom


Just as I'm about to write this on here, thinking this was enough to show the incongruity of my family, mom knocks on my door to reiterate her argument that I shouldn't buy anything at Rite Aid, a block away from where I live, her argument being that my father works at Giant Eagle, can buy it himself, and RA doesn't have the kind of kibbles that the cats like. I tell her they do, she tells me they don't, I tell her I have bought it there, she relents, but then says that she wants to buy a big 20 pound bag of it at Giant Eagle. I tell her go right ahead and do that but what are the cats going to eat in the meantime. Her response is that they can live a day without food. I want to tell her that she is a moron but instead don't say anything -- and then she goes in for the kill. Why don't I just take the bus up to Giant Eagle and pick up the kibbles there before dad gets home. Oh, and there's a list of other things on the kitchen table. I tell her to leave my room. She slams my door and her own.

1 comment:

Corzich is not a member of this site said...

I hope I'm not out of line, but your mother is a moron. Cats need food. heart patients shouldnt have simple favors denied them by their wives. Dutiful daughters shouldnt be caught in the middle. I should keep my big nose out of this and not be so aggrieved on your behalf.....