05 January 2010

well, sometimes hypocrisy is not good...

I am at Starbucks, drinking tea, reading, when two middle-aged men greet one another and immediately begin talking about the hit SCI-FI show LOST. They spend forty-five minutes talking in-depth about the twists and turns of the plot, character analysis, and predicting how the show will end. The one is evidently more intelligent about the show than the other as he spends his time gesticulating wildly and providing evidence for his theories about clues the writers have written into the show to explain whatever is happening (I've never watched LOST) while the other barely says more than "aha" and "oh yeah." Nevertheless, they are so much into their conversation that during this time they are standing and have not yet ordered beverages. I am astonished, and think about how stupid the one man is for being so excited about a fantasy T.V. show. Just as I think this I look down and finish the sentence from the magazine I am reading, only to a second later sigh loudly and make a nasty expression on my face as it dons on me the hypocrisy of what I just thought. I was reading DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE.

1 comment:

Corzich is not a member of this site said...

hypocrite! LOL
I myself can't wait for the "Game of Thrones" show to start on HBO. Since I cant get anyone else to read the books, the show might be an easier pill to swallow....