28 October 2009

email

White trash and black slimeballs. What make downtown so special. Although some of them are fun. We have a man who comes in that we call Temptations Man because he comes in expressly to listen to the Temptations on the computer. He's always drunk -- reeks of alcohol -- and sometimes gets upset -- if we tell him to stop singing or tell him he has to leave. He's a nice black man in his mid fifties and I happen to adore him. He's always so sweet to me, but apparently he has been kicked out for a year (again) because he smells too bad and because he has been singing loudly. I feel bad, because he must have a terrible life, to always be so drunk, and I feel like (however minutely) his time at the library is a time for him to have some fun. And who cares if he's singing? It's not like our library is ever quiet anyway. And he's never tried to sell me weed.

I won't be in again until next week. Was going to go in tomorrow, but want to watch over my dad a bit, make sure he takes the medication he's suppose to -- a lacsitiv (grossly mispelled) -- that I'm sure he's not going to want to take, and he'll want to wait until the last possible moment. He was suppose to take it tonight -- tomorrow morning at the latest, but he still wants to go to work tomorrow and then take it when he gets home at 10:00 pm! He's so stubborn. It upsets me. I don't know if I told you that the doctors told him that if he had waited only two or three more days to see a doctor (for what he was in the hospital for) he would have died, his heart would have just stopped working. Hence -- why I'm taking anxiety pills. lol.

Glad to hear Marsha is keeping strong. And it was good to see you today, however briefly. I shall tell you when I am next in, and you can stop in if you have time (and the strength), and we can have a little chat.

My best,

Helen

1 comment:

Corzich is not a member of this site said...

I will only say that you are a very compassionate person. And best of lack with Dad.