15 August 2009

corruption

"They will believe anything, my dear, that suggests corruption in public life. It's one of the strongest traits in human nature. Anxiety about the integrity of public men would be admirable, if it wasn't so usually felt by those who have so little integrity themselves that they can't give others credit for it."

This universal health care system that Obama wants to pass. I have never been so upset with my society as I am now. Those who oppose it. Usually I can see the others side, some sort of worth I can place on it. But on this issue, I can't even read or watch scathing reports about how Obama's health system will destroy our society. It is so ridiculous. The British are upset about it, as they see it as a backlash on their own NHS (National Health System) that many in Britain love. There are many British people on Twitter putting tags on their default picture that say "I love the NHS." Okay, that's pretty ridiculous, but just the same, I am glad that the British are standing up for the NHS system. The British supporting their own health system proves that it is not such a corrupt and society-ending system as many conservatives here would claim. Of course, this issue has A LOT to do with insurance companies fearing the loss of their overwhelming control over the public, most particularly our money. I was happy to see Obama speaking about this issue today in a Q&A session with the public. As far as I know, it is not common for a President to do such a thing after he has won the presidency.

----
quote: A Modern Comedy, John Galsworthy

No comments: