13 August 2009

writing

"Don't you ever feel angry, Michael?"
"My dear, I was through the war."


So remember that time I said that I was going to write on here every day?

I get sick of writing about myself, and really there is not much going on in my life or in the world for that matter that is interesting. Plus, my writing is horrible. I don't know if since graduating from college my writing has become worse. I had such a stilted writing form as a result of having to write essays, but now I don't have to write like that anymore, and my writing has become plaebian. Shit, I don't know how to spell plaebian. At least my writing is not so high-handed, so snooty, so filled with technical terms. However, I wish my sentences were a bit cleaner.

I had a creative writing teacher who said that if I were to take a year writing course I could very well become a professional writer. Maybe that is what I should do while I am not really doing much of anything else.

---

quote: A Modern Comedy, John Galsworthy

No comments: