30 August 2009

vampires



A lot of Vettriano's paintings, it seems, have to do with men making out with women. Is that why I like them? They're evocative.

I've been watching the hit tv show True Blood. About vampires. No Buffy, that's for sure. There's at least one graphic nudity scene per show, usually rough sex, and a lot of deaths. It's good times. It is cliche at times, but generally pushes to be new, and things happen that you didn't think would. Anything goes with this show. There is a central love story, of course. And, of course, it is between a vampire and a young, (at the beginning) virginal, vivacious girl. While the rest of the show is blatantly sexual, the central love story is emotionally sexual, if you get what I mean. It feeds the current void in my life with regards to emotional charges.

It is 1:00 am. I try not to go to bed later than 1:00, and usually 12:00 each night. Otherwise, I will wake up late the next day and will probably have a pounding headache and then go to bed even later the following night. So I'm going to bed. More inanity tomorrow.

No comments: