12 November 2008

In which Helen writes something positive

I just received a letter in the mail from France. One of my favourite bloggers, Kristin Espinasse, an American who emigrated to France when she married her french husband, is having a wine tasting in London, and they are giving out complimentary tickets to the event. I just received a bunch from them this afternoon.

I've been following Kristin's blog, where she writes about her experiences as an American living in France as a wife and mother, and her husbands wines which they make from their own grapes that they grow on their property.

Check out her blog here: French word a day, which can also be found under my blog links.

----

Saw this picture in the London Lite today:



headline underneath: Milking it: chimpanzee Anjana has her hands full after becoming a surrogate mother to two-month-old white tiger cubs Mitra and Shiva at Miami Zoo.

Bloody cute.

----
Also from LONDON LITE:

Women get less bitchy with age

Women become less bitchy as they grow older as they are less likely to see other females as rivals, scientists said today. A study showed that those aged 50 and over warm to younger women with many keen to mother them.



Discuss


----
The reason why I moved to London was to have new experiences so, in a sort of therapeutic manner, I am undertaking to do new things all the time -- however little or seemingly superficial. Just anything.

It is a technique that existential psychologists (such do exist) often encourage their patients to try in order to "enliven" their life.

And everytime I do something new -- however little -- I shall report it on here, because it may be of interest to my blog readers. And because then -- I don't know -- I guess by putting it in writing, it'll give the act more of a permanence....

First up -- magazines. Magazines. I never buy magazines. Not in America; not here. Never. They're superfluous, yeah? No real good information in them usually and they cost money. You don't NEED magazines. I never just pop into a shop and spontaneously buy one.

But that has all changed.

Picked up GQ last week -- justification: Daniel Craig.

I'm going to make it a habit. Whenever I finish one magazine, pick up another.

This week: Radio Times, with John Simm on the front. Here he is on Doctor Who (who some are saying may replace Tennant as Doctor Who -- which would be interesting considering that his previous role on the show was as the doctor's arch enemy....but he rocks, so that would be awesome).

But enough geekiness.



If you don't know which one he is -- I say, shame on you!

Now off to do some proper book readin'

1 comment:

rosefromearth said...

'Women become less bitchy as they grow older as they are less likely to see other females as rivals, scientists said today.'

Not if MY mum's any indication. Besides, I never get bitchy or jealous... yeah, right.

But anyway, magazines are brill, then again, I'm not as big a reader as you are... hmmm.