27 November 2008

more photos, yay!!! on this (American) Thanksgiving Day

So I told myself that I was going to do some proper book reading for clarse before I left for the play, but instead I, uh, started taking photos of myself:





What the hell. I swear the camera doesn't register my image correctly:



I'm super excited -- going to see Oedipus with Ralph Fiennes, yay!!!




And here are some photos I took today, along with a few from when Stacey was here


Stacey and I at the Bond Street Christmas Lighting.

Me getting candy at the South Bank Christmas Festival. Yay, I know your jealous of my ear muffs





Stone statue guys on a bench. (I'm not feeling him up, I swear).

Here are some photos of the South Bank I took today:

Where I'm going to see Oedipus tonight. The National Theatre. Laurence Olivier was the first artistic director of this theatre. I bought a biography on Olivier at the bookstore there this afternoon -- plane ride home reading.




The South Bank by the way was blitzed during the second world war. What remained was nothing but marsh land. In 1951, the government decided to hold a festival there (in celebration of the Great Exhibition that took place exactly 100 years earlier). They built the Royal Festival Hall, which is so large that I couldn't get a good picture of it. It contains various concert halls. A sort of place to meet and greet. Contains bars and shops as well. It is also where I saw the jazz trio with Stacey last week.






Yes, you have finally found me out folks. I have come all the way to London to see the Andy Warhol exhibit.


South Bank books. Whoever runs this has three tables of books here all day, every day.





Skate boarding area:



St. Paul's in the distance:



I should have probably mentioned (if it were not obvious) that the Sound Bank is on literally on the river Thames.


Down the street from where I live this view

3 comments:

emmsifoppicus said...

Excellent pics! Again, loving the Londony stuff! And enjoy the show!!! x

molski said...

i didnt know that about the south bank being destroyed and all.. interesting. i think i just never thought about it

abb said...

i love the side part in your hair :)