29 June 2009

In which Helen has a dilemma

I have such a dilemma.

I really really really REALLY want to subscribe to the literary/political magazine The Spectator which I was OBSESSED with when I lived in London, but it costs SOOOOOO much money. It is 116.00 pounds for 52 issues! That's like 140 dollars. I don't know what to do. It would seem such a waste of money, but I really wants it, precious.

Yes, this is what occupies my time. Not the fact that I don't have a job. Not the fact that my parents are old and feeble. Not the fact that I just remembered that it is my mother's birthday tomorrow and I don't have anything to give her.

But I can't help it. I'm a woman who has needs. And one of these needs is to buy a magazine that costs way too much money but that has articles and stuff that I (for some unaccountable reason) find really cool.

2 comments:

abb said...

is this it?

http://www.spectator.co.uk/

use this as an inspiration to get a job young lady :)

HelenW said...

Yes! This is part of the dilemma. Because you can access most of the magazine's features online, but I don't want to read it online, but have it in front of me.

I could afford it -- but it would be a waste of money. ;0