22 June 2009

a scary dream

I may be watching a little too much of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. Never watched it when it was on television (surprised that there are no re-runs now, especially with the Twilight craze) but decided to look at the first season. This was only fueled by a friend of mine who I found out really loves the series and decided to let me know that "really cool things are going to happen in the second season."

Having just finished the second season, I went to bed last night. I won't get into detail about what happens but it was pretty scary/brutal and necessarily it filled my dreams. I dreamed that I was Buffy, that I was being possessed by a demon, that I was powerless to stop it. However, the moment I was possessed, I would wake up -- but only to fall asleep again and have the same exact dream! I did this some five or six times. There was a little variance. One time it was set in a library, the next on snow topped hills. Every time the guy who plays The Watcher was there, powerless as well to stop my transformation.

The approximate fifth time of having this dream I woke to my cat meowing in that weird loud way he does when he wants someone to play with him at 3:00 in the morning, and that freaked me out a bit. And then just as I was about to fall back asleep there is a great crash and the house shakes. Now I'm wide awake, and thoroughly freaked out. There isn't any light in my room. I don't have the window open so the street light isn't shining in. I had been asleep enough so that this sudden awakening confuses me, and I don't know where I am, but expect to be pounced on by some demon. It was half a minute later that I realized that I was in my bedroom, that my father had fallen asleep on the edge of his bed, sitting up, as he often does, and fell (again), and I went downstairs to make sure he was all right.

Walked back upstairs after ascertaining he was all right and made sure to open my blind shielding the street light before climbing back into bed, where Tigger, my cat, promptly curled up next to me.

No comments: