17 September 2008

Helen cannot even think of a title for this post

Had rescheduled my flight for this Friday.

This is the e-mail that I received this morning. I bolded the good part.

Dear Applicant

Your application has arrived safely at the New York office and is currently being processed. The estimated processing time for your application is 10 working days plus mail time, however no guarantee is given. Sometimes it is necessary to make additional enquiries on an application which will extend the processing time.

You will receive another e-mail advising you of the outcome of your application in due course.

Please note that we are unable to answer status enquiries unless we have exceeded the estimated processing time.

Regards

New York Visa Team.



Right. That's possibly two more weeks before I receive my VISA. My classes start this Monday. I have to reschedule my flight -- for when I don't know -- and am not even certain if I can take two weeks (at least one week, it seems) of leave from my classes, nor do I want to. It's going to be hard enough, but then not going to classes...

I really don't know what to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, they say that it will be 2 weeks, but they always say that kind of stuff to me and it ends up being much shorter. I'm sure everything will be fine, and if you call the school and explain the situation I'm sure most will understand. It just sucks...but we'll get you through this and on that darn plane!
-Mrs.Dexter

HelenW said...

It took them a week to send me this e-mail. They received my documents last Thursday.

I'm not optimistic.

emmsifoppicus said...

Again, all I can say is that I sincerely hope that you get your VISA VERY soon, and that you do not miss too much at all...praying it happens!!

xXx

Anonymous said...

Imagine this frowny face repeated a thousand and one times:

:(

HelenW said...

It's enough that that comment made me smile -- not, however, a thousand and one times.

:)