10 September 2008

In which Helen breaks down

Things have gone from bad to worse. Received a UPS package this morning with BRITISH CONSULATE printed on the front. Yes, my VISA! Right? No. They returned all of my papers I sent them for my VISA with a paper on the front saying that because I didn't include a 12.00 dollar fee for processing they couldn't do my VISA! No where did I read that there needed to be a 12.00 fee. On the paper that listed the things they needed me to include, it was no where!!! I swear. Fucking bastards. So now I have to send back the information with the fee, which means also that I will not be going to London this Friday. I have no idea how long it will take them to make up my VISA either; trying to find an approx. time so I can reschedule my plane tickets. Also need to get ahold of my department to ask if I can start my classes later. 

Am very pissed off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that f'n blows!

abb said...

can you send it back to them overnight, and maybe pay extra to put a rush on the visa? this sucks ass. i'm so sorry.

HelenW said...

I did send it to them over night; don't know anything about putting a rush on it though. Can't get in touch with them at the Consulate. They have a customer service number but don't pick it up -- they always say to call back later.

emmsifoppicus said...

"they always say to call back later..." ...now that sounds familiar :(

Hope all gets sorted asap x

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!

That's disgusting. It has happened to me in other situations, but this is very crucial.

Sorry. :(

They should have allowed some immediate credit transfer or something...