07 September 2008

in which Helen explains her intentions

Okay, so this is not me -- in this picture. I certainly wish it was. I'm sure my blog readers wish that it was. However, it is the British pop star turned actress Billie Piper. What does she have to do with Helen's adventures in London? Not much. But Helen hasn't arrived in London yet and is desperate to upload a picture on her new blog and decided on Billie Piper looking oh-so-hot as Rose Tyler in DOCTOR WHO with the hope that others reading her blog will think so too and feel the overwhelming need to watch the show. 

Any who, I suppose I should explain why I am creating a new blog when I have had one at Myspace for two years. It is because I like to switch it up every now and again. I don't like staying in one place for too long. I get bored rather easily. And I like new things. New shiny things that look pretty. So here it is. A new blog. A new blog about me. A new blog and me and my adventures in London. A new blog about me and my adventures in London which may or may not include wild nights in pubs whereby Helen seduces unsuspecting, gorgeous British men with her cute American accent.

Here are my intentions, here is the 411:

I am going to London again after spending three and half months there two years ago. I am attending graduate school at King's College, University of London, where I will read a lot of literature, some of which I will probably not like, but which I will however have to write 4,000 word papers about. I will spend a lot of time at the British Library, eating muffins, drinking tea, with a pen stuck in my matted hair, while I sit hunched over a a multitude of books. After classes I will rush to the many free art museums around London, including my favourite The National Portrait Gallery in Tralfagar Square. I will have fish and chips for lunch; take walks in the parks at 6:00 am; go to the theatre in the evening; travel around England on the weekends. For a whole year I will not work for money. The government will not allow me: what a bummer. So I will live -- joie de vivre -- and think, and love, and make the most of this last year of my youth before I begin my career as a teacher. 

I will make the most of it.

And I will write about it. 

Sometimes my posts will be serious.

Sometimes they will be funny.

Sometimes they won't even make sense -- these will probably be the ones written at 12:00 am after getting home from the pub. 

I can't wait. 

So come along. Read my blogs dear Helen stalkers. Comment once, twice, three times, hell even four. 

And after you do that, go watch DOCTOR WHO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog already! :D What a great Idea about the blog thing... I won't totally rip off your idea but I might start blogging on myspace a lot more :D

All those activities sound great - awww you are going to have the time of your life in London! I love the posh London accent...especially of the men... *daydreams*

Emma (Oh Roch's Cute Smirk...) x

abb said...

i can't wait either :)

Anonymous said...

Piper is a total fox.

And this blog will totally rule!

molski said...

i am already a fan. i will need to live vicariously through you so make sure you write every wonderful detail :)